Chaucer announced the formation of reinsurance sidecar vehicle Thopas Re Ltd.
- Capitalized with an initial $95 million of third-party investor capital
- Will provide collateralized capacity for Chaucer Syndicate 1084’s global reinsurance portfolio
- Terms of the transaction were undisclosed
Thopas Re Ltd. represents a key development in the evolution of Chaucer’s business
- Provides Chaucer with greater scope and flexibility to support the evolving needs of its clients
Chaucer is a leading international specialty insurance group
- Protects clients in over 200 countries through its offices in Europe, MENA, Latin America and Asia
- Provide clients with market-leading cross class capabilities and a tailored approach
- Talented and experienced management team with a proven track record of results
- Part of The Hanover Insurance Group, one of the largest insurers in the U.S.